Sunday, March 25, 2012

Finding Books!

Wow this has been a crazy weekend!  I hope you'll forgive me for not posting much in the last couple of days.  I was busy last week and over the weekend visiting several spots for some good books!

First I'll talk about my Target finds!  I love visiting the Dollar section at Target, am I alone in this?  Gosh, they always have something good, and many times it's a book or two, especially for my 15 month old.  Here's what I found last week:


"Two by Two An Animal Tale" is a cute little board book just illustrating the animals boarding Noah's Ark.  It's super simple but cute.  Next is the "Opposites!" book featuring Elmo.  This is like a little bath time book, and since my son loves Elmo so much, I couldn't resist.  They were each $1.  Score!

Next I took a little trip to Goodwill, and found a couple of items I didn't think could wait until Saturday's half-price sale:


I bought "Six by Seuss," a hardcover book featuring six Dr. Seuss books in all.  It includes "And to Think That I Saw It on Mulberry Street," "The 500 Hats of Bartholomew Cubbins," "Horton Hatches the Egg," "Yertle the Turtle and Other Stories," "How the Grinch Stole Christmas!" and "The Lorax."  What a great find, and I bought it for $6.99, which seemed like a lot to me.  I could gamble and wait until the half-price sale, but I wasn't sure the book would still be there, so I grabbed it.  I also grabbed "Fox in Socks" by Dr. Seuss, as well as a very nice copy of "The Polar Express."  At $12 all together, it was a teeny bit pricey for Goodwill, but I'm happy with my purchase!


Finally, on Saturday the Goodwill 50% sale came!  Here's my loot:


I found so many books Saturday, and I ended up putting about half of them away.  (boo~)  It's a good thing because I could easily fill up a cart and go to town and put us out of house and home.  A little restraint is a good thing (thank you Dear Husband for restraining me!)

We got some nice children's books:  "Trains" is a nice large board book that my son will enjoy turning the pages.  "Where is My Pumpkin" is a lift-the-flap book by Karen Katz.  We have "Where is Baby's Belly Button" and my son loves it, and this little book was in perfect shape, so in the cart it went.  I also bought five Little Golden Books:  "Jack and the Beanstalk," "Pooh - The Sweetest Christmas," "Frosty the Snowman," "My Little Golden Book About God," and "Big Bird's Ticklish Christmas." 

Here's a close-up of the paperback books I bought:


I bought nice copies of "Treasure Island" by Robert Louis Stevenson, "The Grapes of Wrath" by John Steinbeck, "Water for Elephants" by Sara Gruen, "MaryAnne" by Daphne DuMaurier, "The Tale of Despereaux" by Kate DiCamillo, and three Madeleine L'Engle books: "A Wrinkle in Time," "A Wind in the Door," and "A Swiftly Tilting Planet."  I had heard of "A Wrinkle in Time,"  but wasn't aware there was a series!  Now I only need the last two books in the series, "Many Waters" and "An Acceptable Time."  How very cool to learn new things about authors I already knew!

I stopped at Savers also this week, but since I took the picture with my digital camera instead of my iPod, I will have to write another post about that. 

Enjoy your day and your latest book!

No comments:

Post a Comment