Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Gifts from a Special Aunt!

My sister-in-law bought us these pretty new Little Golden Books for the baby.  The set includes all the classics - "Peter Pan," "The Jungle Book," "Alice in Wonderland," "Pinocchio," "Cindarella," "Dumbo," "Snow White and the Seven Dwarves," and "Bambi."  Thanks so much sweet Aunt!  They are so pretty and I can't wait to read them to the baby when he is old enough to know not to rip the pages. 


The same Aunt also gave us these books:



The Very Silly Sheep and The Very Messy Monkey are such cute pop-up books by Jack Tickle.  


I found The Very Silly Shark on sale a Barnes & Noble one day last year for maybe $6.  These books are so cute and I can't wait to collect the entire set!  My son LOVES them, but we keep them hidden away for very special occasions, since they are pop-up books.  He is only 15 months old, so he can't read them on his own yet.








I think I can safely say that I've become a Jack Tickle fan!  I found a page with all his books on BookFinder.

Thanks so much to a very special Aunt for such precious gifts!  Enjoy your day and your latest book!

2 comments:

  1. I have a real weak spot for little golden books, especially the vintage ones (though the new ones are great too) I've been collecting everything I can find while out thrifting- I'm thinking of doing a golden books giveaway at some point... :). You are lucky to have such a sweet aunt!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've never seen these books by Jack Tickle, but I love the shark suggestion! Thank you!! Also, glad to find another book blog! :)

    vanessa

    ReplyDelete