Friday, March 16, 2012

Three Thrift/Book Stores...

The other day my sister and I hit up three different stores looking at books.  She is throwing a Dr. Seuss birthday party for her son who will be 6, so she is trying to find all the Dr. Seuss books she can for not a lot of money.  I felt "obliged" to come along to "help" her find books, and who knows what I would find in the process!

Savers was first.  I didn't realize the amount of books they have there since I actually hadn't been to Savers in years and years.  All children's books are $.69, other books range from $1.00 to $5.00, and if you buy 3 you get one free (either 3 or 4 books, but either way, you get one free).  Here's what I bought:



For $4.44 I bought all 5 of these books.  The 2 Dr. Seuss board books were in really good condition, and so is the Cars board book.  It had some gunk on the front cover, but I was able to get that off easily, and the inside is pristine.  I love that book because I can read it to my son in Mater's voice, and that's a ton of fun!

I don't really know much about the two literature books, but the one is written from the viewpoint of Mr. Darcy, the other I'm not sure of.  Here's another shot of the Mr. Darcy book:


Can't wait to finish my current reading and get to this book.

Next, we hit up Goodwill.  This was not half-price day, but I found some good books for not much~and my sister bought one Dr. Seuss book (How The Grinch Stole Christmas).  She took it home before I could take a picture and show you!


The two larger books are by Bill Martin Jr and illustrated by Eric Carle, they are Kohl's Cares books, and I bought them for $1.00 each.  I also bought two more Sandra Boynton board books, "Pajama Time" and "What's Wrong, Little Pookie?"  Oh they are so cute and my son loves the Sandra Boynton books.  I also bought one more Nancy Drew to add to my collection.  Each book was $1.00.


On the way to Goodwill, we saw a sign for a shop advertising Book Liquidations!  So we had to stop in.  The books were all $1.00, and some were 2 for $1.00.  This shop was filled floor to ceiling with books after books after books.  If we didn't have the baby with us, I could have spent hours upon hours here.  I plan to go back on Saturday too.  Here's what we got.


The first book is "A E I O U and Sometimes Y" and is a large hardcover book.  Not thick, just large.  I also found several older Little Golden Books to add to my collection, and they are in good condition.  I love "The Count's Poem" and can't wait to read it to my son.

Here's part two of what I bought there:


More Little Golden Books!  One of the books (can't remember which) was copyrighted in 1956, and it's in really good condition.   I spent about $4.50 here for all the books pictured.  Wow! 

Today we are headed to Bookman's in Phoenix to see if my sister can find more Dr. Seuss books, and once again I must accompany her!  Wish us luck!

Enjoy your day and your latest book!

No comments:

Post a Comment