Monday, April 2, 2012

55 Reading Questions - Part 1

I think this week will be a bit lean on the finding books front, I've decided to do some spring cleaning this week.  For me, that means actually cleaning...hehe.  The house just gets so wrecked by living in it!  Why can't my house just stay clean?  The never-ending question!

My goal is the cleaning schedule from The Fun Cheap or Free Queen and can be found here.  We did lots of laundry yesterday so I'm ahead of the game, and I've already vacuumed today!

Meanwhile,  I thought I'd answer these questions I found on Tumblr (another addiction of mine!)  So here goes...

55 Reading Questions
  • 1. Favorite childhood book? Nancy Drew.  Trying to get my daughter interested, but how can poor old-fashioned little Nancy Drew compete with Twilight and the Hunger Games?  Well, at least she is reading!
  • 2. What are you reading right now? I am listening to "The Great Gatsby" while I work, and reading "Gilead" by Marilynne Robinson.  Very good read but it's a bit slower than most since there's hardly any dialogue. 
  • 3. What books do you have on request at the library? Here's my issue, I don't have any books on hold right now.  I have a bad habit of putting books on hold and then not picking them up. 
  • 4. Bad book habit? See question 3!
  • 5. What do you currently have checked out at the library? See question 3!  None checked out at the moment unless you count The Great Gatsby which I have checked out from the Greater Phoenix Digital Library.
  • 6. Do you have an e-reader? I do have a Kindle - which my daughter has at the moment so she could read The Hunger Games.
  • 7. Do you prefer to read one book at a time, or several at once? I usually read one at a time, but if you count what I listen to and read, then more than one.
  • 8. Have your reading habits changed since starting a blog?  I have been reading more, mainly because I have so many books (and keep buying more) and I feel guilty that I haven't read many of them. Also, I enjoy reading it's just hard to find the time with a toddler running around.
  • 9. Least favorite book you read this year (so far)? Here's where you find out that I haven't been such an avid reader this year.  I have read The Kite Runner, and that's the only one I've finished.  So far, it's my least favorite.  (Of course, if you count children's books, that's a whole other post!  I've read tons of children's books!)
  • 10. Favorite book you’ve read this year? Hehe, see question 9.  The Kite Runner would be my favorite book read this year.
We'll spread this out through the week.  Enjoy your day and your latest book!

No comments:

Post a Comment