Sunday, April 1, 2012

Book Sale!

Yesterday I woke up early to go to a book sale!  All paperbacks were $.50 and all hardbacks were $1.00.  The sale started at 7am, so I left the house at 6:30am.  I got there at 6:50 and there were already people looking at books.  Here's what I got!


Children's books:

"You're Only Old Once! A Book for Obsolete Children" by Dr. Seuss.  Technically not a kids book.  My dad had this book and loved it so it brings back some memories!

"The Giving Tree" by Shel Silverstein.  For $1.00!  Nice!


 Other books:

"How to Draw A Radish and Other Fun Things to Do at Work" by Joy Sikorski.  This looks like a cute and fun little book for learning to draw and other things!
 


"Mere Christianity" by C.S. Lewis.
 

"Prayer Finding the Heart's True Home" by Richard J. Foster.  Has anyone read his other book, "Celebration of Discipline?"  I read it long ago and it is soooo deep!

 
"One Called Away - A Memoir - Answering Life's Challenges with Unshakable Faith" by Brenda Warner with Jennifer Schuchmann.  Nice find for fifty cents!
 
 
"Ernest Hemingway Complete and Unabridged."  Four novels are included in this hardcover:  "The Sun Also Rises," "A Farewell to Arms," "For Whom the Bell Tolls," and "The Old Man and the Sea."
 
 "Benjamin Franklin - An American Life" by Walter Isaacson.  I love reading about Benjamin Franklin, so this looks like some good reading.


 "The Lovely Bones" by Alice Sebold.  I haven't seen the movie, so no spoilers please!


  "The Things We Do For Love" by Kristin Hannah.  I know nothing about this book or author, just looked like a good book.  Anybody pick books just from the cover?
 

"Bet Your Bottom Dollar - A Bottom Dollar Girls Novel" by Karin Gillespie.   A review snippet placed on the front of this book says this:  "Use your very last bottom dollar, if you have to.  Just BUY THIS BOOK.  You will laugh yourself sick and love every minute of it."  (Jill Conner Browne, The Sweet Potato Queen.)  So, I used fifty cents and bought it.  I hope it lives up to this hype!
 


"To Have and To Hold" by Tracie Peterson and Judith Miller.  Another book purchased because of a pretty cover!


"The Other Boleyn Girl" by Philippa Gregory.  I just flipped through the pages of this book and realized that the previous owner/reader must have smoked.  :( boo~!


And last, but not least, "East of Eden" by John Steinbeck.  I have read this before, but this was a nice copy that I wanted for my library.


What a great booksale!  I got some really great stuff.  Now to fit it all on my bookshelves!  Enjoy your day and your latest book!

No comments:

Post a Comment