Monday, April 23, 2012

Board Books A to Z - "C!" and Teaser Tuesday

Today I'll concentrate on the board books that start with a C!  There aren't many of these, so here we go!
First - "The Circus" by Bendon Publishing International. This is one of a set of three books with googly eyes that are open to show a different set of eyes on each page. This has been a favorite in our house.

Next, "Counting Kisses" by Karen Katz. This is a recent Goodwill purchase, and it hasn't seen much action yet. We'll get there!
Next is "Cuddly Frog" part of the Pot-Bellied Buddies series, illustrated by Penny Johnson. I bought this little book at Dollar Tree, I wish I had bought all four books, but just bought this one. The others in the series are "Cuddly Kitten," "Cuddly Piglet," and "Cuddly Puppy." I need to go check out Dollar Tree again to see if they still have these.

And last in our "C" books is "Colors," a Disney board book I bought for $1 at Target. This one has been a hit also!

And now, time for Teaser Tuesday:
  
Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading. Anyone can play along! Just do the following:
Grab your current read
Open to a random page
Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page
BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)
Share the title & author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers!
Here's my Teaser:
"My heart pounds so hard that, despite the roaring of the crowd, I am aware of blood whooshing through my ears. I am filled to overflowing, bursting with love."

From "Water for Elephants" by Sara Gruen.

Enjoy your day and your current book!

6 comments:

  1. I love buying children's books as gifts for my friends kids - gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't read this one yet. I have the movie DVR'd, but I haven't watched it yet.
    Here's Mine

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loved Water For Elephants! Great tease! Very descriptive.
    My TT

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love love love this book. And I'm pretty happy that the movie did it justice. I hope you're enjoying it!

    Feel free to check out my teaser here.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Read this book and saw the movie, enjoy!

      http://tributebooksmama.blogspot.com/2012/04/teaser-tuesday_24.html

      Delete
  5. I loved, loved, loved this book ... and the movie too! Thanks for posting this teaser from it.
    My Teaser is from A DIFFERENT KIND OF FOREVER: Sandy's Teaser

    ReplyDelete